Friday, February 22, 2013

Back to it...

It sure has been a while… a little more than a year to be exact that I haven't written in my blog.  In the past year, exciting things have risen.  Youth programs continue to run strong in Grand Teton and we've even developed new programs like "Class of 2016".   I am now engaged to my best friend and love, Juan Martinez!  If you haven't heard of Juan, I encourage you to check out one of his videos or google him.  He's a cool guy. :)

I recently arrived back to the Tetons from a 3 month temporary opportunity in Washington, DC.  While in DC, I served as a Program Analyst for the Department of Interior Youth, Partnership and Services Office.  It was there that I learned about writing policy, working with all the bureaus under DOI and all the politics of working in Washington.  Great things are going on in regards to youth, diversity and veterans within the Department.  Check out the www.youthgo.gov website.  

Working in Washington, DC was an eye opening experience.  It was there I realized in whatever my next steps are in my career, I want to continue to be involved in working with youth and on relevancy, diversity and inclusion issues in the NPS.  The National Park Service is an agency that I believe in… I bleed green and gray and the work that we are all doing to continue connecting children and diverse communities to nature and THEIR national parks.

No comments:

Post a Comment